Today, microwave convection oven are an integral part of households. You can still make hot home-cooked meals even in situations like a broken stovetop or gas connection.
The main characteristic of a microwave oven is the fact that it heats up faster if you microwave it for longer periods. This restricts the options available to people who want to bake or roast dishes at a consistent temperature. You are looking for a microwave oven that can do both? Convection microwave ovens are the answer.
We have the answers for you if you are thinking about buying a microwave oven for your home in 2021. These are our top picks for convection microwave ovens on the markets.
What Is Convection Microwave Oven?
Since their introduction in 1970, microwaves have advanced a lot. You may have noticed that many microwaves include a convection option, which allows you to roast, bake, and other culinary tasks.
Convection microwaves combine the best features of both a microwave oven and convection oven. This allows you to roast and bake food as well as heat them. Convection microwaves are a great choice for small kitchens and apartments as well as RVs due to their small size and versatility.
- Convection microwave ovens combine two appliances in one. They can be used in combination mode (combining oven, microwave, and bake functions) or as a microwave.
- It is very efficient, quick, and convenient, especially when it comes to high-temperature cooking like pizza, pastries, and roasts.
- Preheat quickly with oven temperatures of up to 240°C
- This is a great way to quickly reheat and crisp up pastry, melt and brown cheese toasts, and brown au gratins.
- They are ideal for small families and can hold a large roast or pizza. You can choose from models with up to two shelves for multi-shelf cooking.
- Convection microwaves can be more economical than ovens, which means that you could save a lot of money on your energy bills.
- They are smaller than traditional ovens and can be used in small kitchens, caravans, or holiday homes.
- Because they have smaller cavities than an oven, cooking can only be done with one type of food.
- Because they are made of stainless steel, they can be difficult to clean.
- It is important to clean the oven cavity after every use. Any grease or baked-on residues will remain in the oven cavity and make it difficult to clean. The microwave cook time is also slowed down by the residue being cooked.
How To Choose The Best Microwave Convection Oven
When shopping, keep these important points in mind.
- Use it quickly
You want to find controls that are easy to use and clear instructions on the display. You won’t need to consult the manual for the best ovens.
Make sure you have enough space for your dishes in the microwave. For ventilation, the oven must have clearance at least 5cm from the sides, 10cm behind, and 15-40cm above the top.
The capacity is determined by the interior dimensions of a microwave but can vary between models with similar exterior dimensions. The interior dimensions are the interior cooking space available and are measured in cubic feet. The majority of microwaves can hold between 0.7 and 2 cubic feet. However, some microwaves may have smaller capacities.
When looking for a microwave that doubles as oven convection, the microwave’s capacity is particularly important. You’ll likely need to use larger cookie sheets or casserole dishes than you can with a regular microwave.
- Energy Efficiency
You should consider the energy efficiency of any microwave convection oven when making a purchase. A variety of energy-efficient microwaves offer many benefits. They can help you lower your electric bill and reduce your carbon footprint.
Best Microwave Convection Oven
1. Panasonic NN-GN68KS Countertop Microwave Oven 2-in-1 FlashXpress Boiler
This best microwave convection oven by Panasonic – one of the most recognized oven brands in the globe – is available in a stylish Stainless Steel exterior and door. This product is a great addition to your kitchen, whether you live in a condo or a flat.
The appliance has a capacity of 1.1 cubic feet and a 13.4-inch Turntable. This allows users to cook all types of food, including breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is the ideal choice for professionals, students, and families who are busy. The oven is built-in Inverter Technology and produces a steady stream of power regardless of temperature.
You can choose from 18 pre-made menu items to help you prepare your favorite foods. There are many options available, including popcorn, soup, oatmeal and pizza. The oven is designed with a minimum countertop height so electronics can be placed in the oven. This oven’s interior can hold a casserole dish, and it has a stylish exterior that will brighten up your kitchen.
- It is easy to use and operate
- This recipe is suitable for advanced and novice cooks alike
- The market is flooded with advanced microwaves that have many unique features
- This stylish and modern kitchen accessory is a great addition to any kitchen
- It offers a variety of cooking options that can be used to create all types of recipes
- Because the oven is quite large, it is important to consider whether your kitchen is big enough
2. Toshiba EC042A5C/BS Countertop Microwave Oven With Convection
Toshiba microwave convection oven has a 1.5-cubic feet capacity. The sleek stainless steel finish of this countertop microwave will compliment any kitchen space. The microwave has 1,000 watts of power, and 10 power levels to allow users to choose the best setting for their favorite foods.
Select from 13 auto menus that are compatible with the sensor function. This allows you to heat common foods such as vegetables, pizza and other items. The sensor also tracks the food’s humidity level, which can be used to adjust the temperature or cook time. This model is affordable and offers convection functions as well as standard microwave settings.
There are four auto-bake menus (frozen pizza, muffins, frozen french fries, and biscuits/breadsticks/dinner rolls) and four auto-roast menus (beef, whole chicken, turkey breasts, and pork). The microwave convection oven’s interior is made of stainless steel. It resists scratches and rust and is easy to clean.
The model comes with a child safety lock and warm-hold function. It also has an energy-saving mode which uses 50% less standby power.
- Flexible with 13 auto menus
- It is environmentally friendly. It reduces standby power by 50%
- Smart sensors adjust temperature and time based on humidity
- You can also turn the buzzer off with the sound on/off function
- It is made of durable stainless steel and is rustproof
- Defrosting might take longer than other products on the market
- Some premade cooking options may not be very precise
3. Cuisinart CMW200 1.2-Cubic Foot Convection Microwave Oven With Grill
The CMW-200 Convection Microwave Oven and Grill has many exceptional features that make it one of the best microwave convection ovens. Its size, style, and smart functions make it a great addition to any kitchen.
The appliance’s cooking settings and other amazing features make it easy to transform ordinary meals into dishes prepared by a professional chef.
The oven’s modern appearance is achieved by its sleek stainless steel exterior with the Cuisinart logo. The stainless steel interior means there is no smell lingering in the oven. The interior is easy to clean.
You have nine preset options that allow you to make many different dishes, including potato, popcorn, beverage, reheat, and cake. You may think you only have one machine. But in reality, there is a versatile assistant that can help you make delicious meals quickly.
There are 8 additional buttons that provide functions for all aspects of cooking, such as Keep Warm, Defrost and Grill, Convection Fast Bake, and Grill.
- You can cook all types of dishes with this versatile tool, which includes nine pre-set options and eight cooking functions
- It is easy to use, just read the button and select the function you need.
- LCD touchpad control
- Sleek design
- The package includes instructions and a recipe book
- To avoid fingerprints, the glossy finish must be cleaned regularly
- Cooking may take longer than an oven that uses the same amount of power
4. Amazon Basics Microwave Small, 0.7 Cu. Ft. 700W, Works With Alexa
Because they are typically less powerful, small countertop microwaves don’t perform as well in CR’s tests. AmazonBasics’ small model is no exception. However, it ranks at the top in the small microwave category. It excels at defrosting, earning an excellent rating in that area. It’s also very quiet. However, the microwave’s heating speed is rated as poor and heating evenness is not very good.
You can control the microwave with Alexa. To take advantage of this feature, you will need an Echo device. AmazonBasics received a Very Good rating in our member survey for its predicted reliability and a Fair rating for owner satisfaction.
- It is easy to use and operate
- Not mentioned
5. De’Longhi DeLonghi EO241250M Livenza Digital Stainless Steel Countertop Oven
The microwave convection oven has European Convection. It allows users to cook faster and more evenly than traditional ovens by up to 40%. The heat lock system keeps the temperature inside the oven while reducing heat loss from the glass door by half.
Another way to show that this appliance is eco-friendly is the fact that it takes half as long to heat up than regular ones. This means that you can save both time and energy.
There are four cooking levels. The rack assist guide allows you to cook on two levels simultaneously. Eight preset settings allow you to cook with great options: Toast, Bake and Convection, Broil/Grill. Keep Warm, Cookies and Pizza.
You can prepare full-course meals for the family. The internal light allows you to see into the dishes. The removable crumb tray makes it easy to clean the appliance.
The De’Longhi microwave convection oven is spacious and compact, allowing users to prepare many different types of meals. This oven is not small enough to cook fast. This oven can be used to reduce energy consumption for those who care about the environment.
- It’s compact and yet spacious
- Heat is evenly distributed, ensuring that food is perfectly cooked
- Users can enjoy maximum convenience with state-of-the-art technology
- Customers complain about the warranty service
FAQs About Microwave Convection Ovens
These frequently asked questions, along with their answers, provide more information on selecting and using the most efficient microwave convection ovens.
1. How Do I Take Care Of My Microwave Convection Oven?
Keep your microwave convection oven clean. However, you should avoid using commercial cleaners to clean the interior. Wipe up any spillages as soon as possible. However, if food has been cooked or hardened, you can soften it by filling a bowl of water and placing it in the microwave.
The microwave should be set to boil the water for three minutes. After that, close the door for five minutes. You can use warm water and a soapy towel to loosen any stuck-on food. The interior should be cleaned with a damp towel. Dry it thoroughly.
2. How Long Does A Microwave Convection Oven Work?
There are many factors that can affect the life expectancy of a microwave convection cooker, such as how frequently it is used and how well its care is taken. Most microwave convection ovens will last between 7-10 years.
3. Why Should A Microwave Convection Be Chosen?
Many people are curious why a convection oven is better than a traditional one. Convection ovens have fans. They circulate hot air and cook food faster and evenly. Convection ovens are ideal for those who want to bake or crispy food.
A microwave convection oven can be like having an assistant in your kitchen. This appliance can handle all your cooking needs. This appliance can do everything from baking to roasting. There are many oven brands on the market so it is important that you understand the differences and how they work. We are confident that you will be able to choose the oven that best suits your needs after reading this article.