In this article, we will show you how to cook perfect roast beef? You can make this classic roast beef recipe with sirloin, round, or rump roast. You’ll love slow-roasting your meats on low heat to create tender roast beef recipes. Let’s start!
Prepare To Cook Perfect Roast Beef
You may need to prepare, cook, rest, and carve the roast for the right size and number of people.
- Before you begin, ensure you have enough trays to fit in the oven. You will need at least one oven tray for meat and one for vegetables. You may need two or three trays depending on how many people are being fed.
- Know the right cooking temperature and time for your cut of meat.
- You can plan ahead so you know exactly what goes in the oven when. You don’t want any of your food to get cold while you wait for the rest to cook.
- Before you bake your meat, take it out of the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Do not heat cold meat in a hot oven. This will give the meat enough time to cool to room temperature, and allow for more even cooking.
- For the entire cooking process, you want the meat to be cooked at one consistent temperature. While you wait for the oven to heat up, prepare your vegetables.
- Place the meat on a rack. This ensures even heat circulation so that the meat cooks at the right rate throughout. This ensures uniform browning.
- Make sure you have all the necessary utensils. A roasting pan, meat rack or thermometer, a board to rest the meat on, and a carving knife are all necessary.
- Heat your plates. While this is not necessary, it can help keep your food warm as you eat.
How To Cook Perfect Roast Beef
You’ll be able to roast beef in no time. Your life will be much more delicious and flavorful. You can make roast beef tender and delicious by following a few steps. These include how to select your beef, how you season it, how to cook it, and how to slice it. This post will show you how to do it all.
- 1.5kg topside beef
- 2 medium onions
- 2 carrots
- 2 sticks celery
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1 bunch mixed fresh herbs, such as bay, rosemary, bay and thyme
- Olive oil
To allow the beef to come to room temperature, remove it from the refrigerator 30 minutes before it is ready to be cooked.
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/475°F
- You can wash and chop the vegetables, but you don’t need to peel them. The garlic bulb should be broken into small pieces and left unpeeled.
- Place all the herbs, garlic, and vegetables in a large roasting pan and drizzle oil.
- Use oil to coat the beef. Season the meat with sea salt, black pepper and rub it all over. Place the beef on top.
- For medium beef, place the tray in the oven. After that, turn down the heat to 200degC/400degF. Cook for an hour. You can make it medium-rare by removing it 5-10 minutes before it is done. You can leave it in the oven for an additional 10 to 15 minutes if you want it well done.
- Roast potatoes or other vegetables? Now is the time to get started.
- Halfway through cooking, baste the beef. If the vegetables look dry, add some water to the tray to prevent them from burning.
- Once the beef has been cooked to your preference, remove the tray from the oven and transfer it to a board for 15 minutes. While you prepare your gravy, cover it with a thin layer of aluminum foil and a tea towel.
How To Store Roasted Beef
You can store leftover roast beef in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 5 days. It can also be frozen. For easier storage, we recommend cutting it into smaller pieces. However, you can also freeze the whole roast. Double wrapping the roast is a good idea to keep the meat moist.
Roast beef can be reused by removing it from the freezer. Let the meat cool in the fridge overnight before storing. Next, heat the roast beef in a 350°F oven for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Roast beef is a delicious dish for anyone. We hope that you know how to cook roast beef perfectly and quickly after reading this article. If you have more options to share. Please comment below this post. Thank you for taking the time to read.