Griddles are perfect for cooking bacon, pancakes, sausages, eggs, and French toast. These foods are certainly mouth-watering but can leave a stain and gunk on your griddle if you do not clean it afterward.
Non-stick griddles are essential cookware for healthy and oil-free cooking. Although your griddle may go through a lot of rough use, it is pretty easy to clean and you should do it often to maintain its shine non-sticky attribute. If you wash and clean it properly, then your average griddle can last over five years.
In this article, we will introduce how to clean a nonstick griddle.
How To Clean A Nonstick Griddle
It is easy to clean your griddle after use. These little things are important after you’ve cooked your delicious meals. There are many ways to clean your griddle. To do this, you don’t even need to empty your bank account.
1. Use Vinegar to Clean Nonstick Griddles
You can clean any type of griddle using vinegar, whether it’s a flat-top, electric, or commercial one. Vinegar is a powerful anti-corrosive agent. This is why so many people use it.
- Mix the vinegar and water together in a bowl. Then, pour it into a spray bottle. Spray the vinegar-water mixture on the surface using the spray bottle. The mixture should be applied to the entire surface.
- Allow the mixture to sit on the surface for five minutes. The vinegar will soften any food gunk or other residues and create a charred surface. To scrub the residues off, you can use a grill brush (or any other brush) to clean it up.
- You can pour the vinegar onto the surface without spraying. Be careful not to pool vinegar on the surface. Let the vinegar sit for a few minutes, then wipe the surface with a rag.
2. Clean Non-stick Griddle With Salt
To clean your griddle, you should not use regular kitchen salt. Use kosher salt instead.
Kosher salts tend to be coarser and larger than regular salts. Because it can help retain the moisture in meats, kosher salt is a great choice for adding to them.
- To clean the griddle, you should use kosher salt. This is to remove its coarseness. Sprinkle the salt on the griddle. To make a paste, add a little water.
- To remove any food residue, you can scrub the paste onto the surface. After removing the food gunk, oil the surface. Sometimes food chunks stick to the surface. You can turn the griddle on to heat it up for five minutes. The heat makes the sticky gooey residues less sticky.
- Let the griddle cool off. To remove all sticky bits, you can use the kosher salt paste technique again.
3. Use Baking Soda to Clean the Nonstick Griddle
Let me show you how to clean a flat-top grill using baking soda, the most widely used and all-purpose cleaning agent. This cleaning agent has been used for many purposes, including removing greases, buffering, leaving nine, fire extinguishing, and deodorizing.
This is why you should mix baking soda with water and then soak your soft scouring pad in that mixture. You can slowly rinse the grease off with the baking soda mixture, and then dry the pads. Next, wash the griddle with fresh water to get rid of any baking soda trace.
Baking soda is non-toxic and safe. It can be used to clean glass, steel, and plastic tools. Baking soda is also considered food so children can eat it safely.
Cleaning Tips for Non-stick Griddles
- Hot water is sufficient to clean immediately. We recommend using hot soapy water to clean the griddle if you have difficulty getting rid of the smudge. The sooner you clean, it is believed that more debris will rinse off.
- Ensure that the plates are completely cool before cleaning them. This takes approximately 30 minutes after the last use. Next, remove the plates from your heating unit and place them on a flat surface. Cover it with a towel.
- Do not use any metal scraper, knife, or scouring pad. You can use the scraping tool included with the griddle or a similar item, such as a pan scratcher, with a hard plastic edge.
- If the pan is extremely burnt, you might have to use elbow grease. If necessary, you can use vinegar or baking soda to soften the affected areas.
- To dry the pan, use a kitchen towel made of cotton to wipe it clean. Instead of keeping your pans and griddle in closed cabinets, hang them on hooks. Griddles that are kept dry can be stored in open storage.
We didn’t say it was difficult to clean non-stick griddles. These tips will not only make your griddle last longer, but they are also easy to follow. It’s one of the most frequently used items in our kitchen so we must take good care of it. Did you find it useful? Leave a comment below with your tips.